Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Priory Healthcare is one of the UK's leading providers of independent specialisit secure and step-down services for people with mental illness,personality disorders,learning disabilities,autism spectrum disorders and brain injuries.
With hospitals around the country,30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments
Albion House is a 23-bedded residential care home in Lewisham for men and women with mental health issues.
We want the best for people in our care and we place great importance on outcomes and quality of life. We look at what can be achieved for each person, their abilities, interests and needs. We work within a positive environment to encourage confidence, bring structure, inclusion and opportunity in their lives.
located in the heart of the town of Lewisham, Albion House delivers a range of social inclusion interventions,
Giving the residents continuing involvement in their recovery journey.
equired to provide efficient, professional and effective administrative and secretarial support within the home.
The post holder will deputise in the daily running of the Home in the absence of the Registered Manager for which key duties will include:
Responsibility for the ongoing provision and maintenance of an excellent health care and allied service to mental health residents.
To monitor, supervise, report and recommend on all aspects of the facility.
To provide leadership and management across all areas of the Home (both clinical and non clinical)
To ensure the Home meets all regulatory standards.
To optimise the clinical quality of care.
To work within allocated financial budgets.
In addition the post holder will have assigned independent roles and responsibilities separate to that of deputising for the general manager, whilst this list is not exhaustive these will include:
Minimum of 7 years post basic experience essential
Relevant positions of responsibility at senior level
Previous role in leadership / management desirable
Current working knowledge of mental health act (1983)
Current working knowledge of current CPA legislation
Current working knowledge of national minimum health
Standards (Care Quality Commission legislation)
Working knowledge of local market and business contacts
Excellent communication skills
• Carry our Home procedures appropriate to level of training, which may be required by the residents.
• Dispense and administer drugs and medicines according to rules and regulations and NMC guidelines whilst monitoring for severe side effects.
• Audit / Supervise / assess regularly or as required administration of medication by Senior Shift Coordinator, ensuring all medication is within date and in an adequate supply.
• Work closely with the pharmacist in ensuring best practice and legal frame works are maintained.
• Overall clinical responsibility for the management of pharmacy and medication.
• To provide accountability for the monthly supervision of Shift coordinators.
• Responsibility for ensuring the effective management of the Rotas, according with the Residents and Home needs.
• Where deemed necessary act in the role of named key worker for residents at risk.
• To ensure the holistic welfare of each resident is maintained.
• Attendance at ward rounds and other clinical review meetings as required and ensure the plan of care discussed is on place.
• Work within the National Service Framework for mental health.
• Supervision of CPA process and attend meetings as required.
• Carryout assessments and prepare reports for panel
• Infection control responsibilities.
Experience within an