Director of Clinical Services
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Clinical Services to join their team of staff in the Senior Management Team department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered practitioner / Diploma / relevant Health Speciality Degree/ Degree Level qualification
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by a registered qualification with the NMC, HCPC or GPC
- Willingness to work towards a higher leadership and management qualification
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability and HCPC Standards of Proficiency and the HCPC / GPC Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
- Good financial awareness, including business planning and budgeting
- Post basic mentoring or training certification eg: ENB 998
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice
- Knowledge of NMC codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for providing clinical direction and strong professional leadership to all Nursing and Clinical staff within the hospital.
- To lead and drive the delivery of excellent clinical standards of care, driving a culture of patient safety, clinical effectiveness and continuous improvement for the patient experience.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Clinical Services works with the Executive Director and Director of Operations/Operations Manager, to create and deliver the strategic, operational and business development plan for the hospital.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Take a lead role in determining relevant CQUINs for NHS Standard Contract business in line with corporate guidance; ensure compliance and full achievement
- Ensure effective and efficient use of labour via group agreed KPIs and the use of group standard tools, ensuring compliance with BMI policies
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.