Registered Children's Nurse
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience within an acute Children’s area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship
- Interested to train to work in recovery
- Basic Paediatric Life Support
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support
- Registered Child Nurse with NMC registration
- Up to date knowledge in acute paediatric medicine / surgery
- Awareness about Safeguarding Children processes
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients up to the age of 18 years without direct supervision.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.