Advance Nurse Practitioner
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join our team. Hours are negotiable and flexible.The post holder will be an experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries, will provide care for the presenting patient with a range of acute, non-acute and chronic medical conditions from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care, initiating direct referrals as appropriate. They will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice. The post holder will demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process. They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
We can offer a role in a supportive and forward thinking team with mentorship and support for career development.
Bellevue is a well established, expanding, progressive practice providing care to 16,500 patients in Newport. You will be working with a team of 8 Partners and 4 salaried GPs, excellent nursing ream of 7 including a prescriber and an Advanced Nurse Practitioner together with a supportive administration team.
Essential skills and experience are as follows:
- Registered first level nurse MSc or equivalent
- Relevant nursing/health degree
- Clinical supervision training
- Independent prescribing qualification
- Working autonomously in an advanced nursing role
- Experience of working within a primary care or General Practice
- Clinical leadership skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Communication of difficult messages to patients and families
- Advanced clinical practice skills
- Management of patients with long term condition
- Management of patients with complex needs
- Clinical examination skills
- Accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service