Theatre Practice Educator
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
The hospital has 121 patient rooms, five theatres, level 3 Intensive care unit, an endoscopy suite along with a large outpatient services including minor procedures, where the our vision is to provide safe and effective patient centred care.
There are great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and you can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
We have an opportunity for a Practice Based Educator to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse, Part 1 on NMC register or registered practitioner on the HCPC.
- Teaching / education (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE or Masters) and mentoring qualification.
- Sound theoretical knowledge.
- Demonstrates evidence of professional development.
- Knowledge of NMC and HCPC Codes and guidelines.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
Duties of this role include:
- Take the lead and deliver day-to-day training and education at site/cluster level and driving innovation and change.
- Delivery of BMI learning and development within delegated site/clusters
- Ensure clinical education and training within delegated site/clusters aligns with work-force development needs
- Provide cost-effective and quality training delivery
- Work within the network of Practice Educators, supporting mentors and preceptors within delegated sites/cluster
- Ensure that colleague satisfaction is maintained within development provision
- Contribute to the standardised delivery of training within designated sites/cluster in accordance with BMI policy and procedures
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the annual training requirement and any in-year adjustments in site/clusters
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers up to GBP44,000pa for this vacancy alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Alberto Jr Anajao on .
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.