Theatre Manager | Band 8a - dependent on experience | Solihull | Full Time | Full clinical support and leadership and management training available | Award Winning CPD
Spire Parkway Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Manager to provide clinical and managerial leadership across the department. We offer you further ongoing professional and personal development, including but not limited to leadership development programmes and quality improvement practitioner training - in addition to the opportunity to network across the Spire Hospitals and work collaboratively with other health care providers.
Our dedicated hospital team are passionate about excellent patient care and we offer a range of specialist treatments to patients across Birmingham, Warwickshire and the West Midlands. This includes diagnostic services, rehabilitation, cutting-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, women's health and cancer care. We have 51 bedrooms and five operating theatres.
Duties and responsibilities
The post-holder will lead clinical excellence and safety within the department but also work closely with colleagues across the hospital to ensure our patient journeys deliver outstanding and personalised care.
As Theatre Manager the post-holder will be responsible for optimising resources, both staffing and budgetary, to facilitate efficient theatre utilisation in harmony with safe patient pathways.
- Act as a role model and mentor to clinical staff providing advice and support to others to promote good practice consistent with legislation and Spire Healthcare's policies
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Identify, develop and support opportunities for improvements in operating department practices as highlighted through evidence, research based practice and national standards
- To ensure that Clinical Governance and Risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Manage staff rosters in the most efficient way to meet demand, whilst maintaining compliance with the Agency staff KPI on the Clinical Scorecard and balancing the use of overtime
- Ensure all audits/reviews of the departments and their performance are undertaken and implement action plans in response to findings
- Seek and employ innovative methods of improving service delivery in line with the 5 CQC Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE); always aiming to achieve Good and Outstanding.
- To ensure that Clinical Governance and risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Provide and receive patient information, ensuring that all patient information is provided, received and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Spire Policies.
- Carry out any other duty that reasonably falls within the general nature and level of responsibility of the post.
Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse / ODP with NMC/ HCPC registration
- Minimum of 5 years Nursing/Theatre experience
- Evidence of substantial post registration continual professional development in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects
- Strong managerial experience and leadership skills
- Good team work ethic
- Enthusiastic and energetic professional
- Previous Theatre Manager experience would be an advantage
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Our people are our difference; it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing Date: If we have received sufficient applications, this date may be brought forward so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.