HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
Our six bedded Critical Care Unit provides care for CC Level 1, 2 and 3 patients and is growing and developing all the time with state of the art equipment. Our CCU is smaller compared to other CCU services, however this will allow you with the opportunity to really focus on providing a high level of 1 to 1 quality care to our patients and making a difference to their health and wellbeing, whilst also allowing you to focus on other aspects of the unit, where you can drive change and improve the service we offer our patients.
As the Staff Nurse you will provide high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Critical Care Unit, ensuring our patients and their families receive the high standard of service that they expect. You will also be expected to oversee the coordination of shifts, for which you will be provided training. We will also provide your with ALS training, so you can feel confident working on a 1 to 1 basis.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week with a mixture of long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £33,037 - £36,708 + 9% enhancement and will dependent upon skills and experience.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver 1 to 1 care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Check and report faulty equipment
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
- Support and act as role model for junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff and to maintain accurate records of patient care
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the care and management of their condition
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Experience within a critical care setting preferably within a UK hospital
- Health and Safety
- Lifting and Handling
- Basic life support