HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) is a specialist cancer treatment centre set up by four leading consultants in 2005. We have over 80 consultants who are experienced in diagnosing and treating all forms of cancer, using the latest medical developments to provide advanced treatment options. At LOC we are committed to investing in excellent people who want to be part of an organisation that is dedicated to providing the most advanced cancer care.
LOC has four day-care facilities across London including Chelsea and St Johns Wood. All staff are given the opportunity to rotate across the sites. There is a very collaborative approach to working and strong team support and commitment
As a Senior Staff Nurse you will ensure that patients and visitors receive the level of service that conforms to LOC vision, aspiration and values. The role co-ordinates all functions and activities to ensure a smooth running service to patients and their families. You will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week to work Monday – Friday with a variety of shift patterns depending on clinical need.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £35,822 and £38,000 (dependent upon skills and experience)
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain clinical competency in cannulation, care of CVADs and administration techniques
- Assess the educational and informational needs of the patient and family. This includes producing and using appropriate materials to ensure optimum
- Understanding of nursing care and the likely outcome
- Liaise and work closely with relevant Clinical Nurse Specialists / Clinic, Doctor /Clinical Team / Consultants / Primary Care Teams in the provision of a professional critical care / cancer nursing service, and use skills identified for the post to provide a specialist input to the care that is planned for and delivered to individual patients
Skills & Experience
- Skilled in Phlebotomy / Cannulation / Care of CVADs/ IV administration
- Sound oncology patient assessment skills
- IV Drug Administration
- Ability to delegate and prioritise.
- Effective preceptorship / mentorship skills
- Ability to motivate and contribute to team working
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Basic cardiac life support
- Advanced life support
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results. The successful candidate will preferably have outpatient cancer experience, an excellent communicator and good interpersonal skills.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.