HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialities.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The role of a Specialist Clinical Pharmacist is to assist in developing and the delivery of safe, effective and efficient pharmacy services to Consultants, nursing staff, AHPs and patients and be able to lead Clinical Pharmacist in education and training in the pharmacy department, participate in relevant corporate teaching initiatives.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm, weekend and on-call allowance. This role is a B8a equivalent
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £45754 - £50330 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a clinical pharmacy service to inpatients, outpatients, nursing and medical staff within The Princess Grace facillities
- Provide a clinical pharmacy service within the critical care unit, if required.
- Lead in an area of special interest, if required
- Evaluate and re-shape, together with the Lead Clinical Pharmacist, existing clinical pharmacy services to give emphasis to patient centred care
- Be able to deputise for the Lead Clinical Pharmacist when required
- Collaborate with senior clinical mangers to formulate and implement strategy for clinical services in your area of special interest
- Participate in discharge planning, patient counselling, patient medication reviews
- To act as expert knowledge base in your area of special interest
- Able to assist, when required, with the training and development of all clinical pharmacy staff, including Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Act as a tutor for staff, when required
- Participate in relevant corporate teaching initiatives and in education and training of nursing and medical staff when required
Skills & Experience
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society is desirable
- Additional postgraduate clinical qualification e.g. Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or MSc in Clinical Pharmacy or other relevant post-graduation qualification
- Minimum 4 years of relevant hospital experience
- Experience in a clinical specialist area – e.g. experience in oncology and Intensive Care Medicine is highly desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.