Senior Nurse - Eye Centre
Senior Nurse - Eye Centre | No Nights | Award Winning CPD | Full Training offered | Worcester | Full Time | £2000 joining bonus available.
Spire South Bank are offering the opportunity for an experienced Ophthalmic Nurse to join our specialist team. Working in a nurse-led clinic you will be supporting your team to deliver exemplary planned care for our patients whilst being fully supported to develop your own career, supported by our award winning CPD and encouraging team.
Spire South Bank Hospital has been in operation for 30 years providing quality private healthcare to the local population and beyond, earning a reputation as a leader in Worcestershire. We work with some of the areas most experienced Consultant Surgeons, Anaesthetists and Physicians to deliver tailored, personalised care. We are proud of the positive patient feedback we receive and are currently undertaking refurbishment of our in-patient bedrooms following significant recent investment.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will be working as part of a small, specialist ophthalmic team to p rovide exemplary planned care for our ophthalmic patients undertaking both clinics and surgeries for a wide variety of conditions.
- Leading by example as the senior nurse on shift
- Offering support to your team
- Assisting in the management and organisation of care provision
- You will be promoting best practise and contributing towards quality improvement
- Travelling across two sites
Who we're looking for:
You will be able to demonstrate your experience and knowledge within ophthalmic nursing and use that knowledge to offer your team support.
- NMC Registered with no restrictions.
- Good understanding of ophthalmology
- Flexibility to work varying shift patterns as shift times are allocated as per clinic and theatre times
- Willing to work collaboratively and supportively
- The ability to plan and prioritise
- Competent in diagnostic equipment
- Concern for standards and patient safety
- Must have Full Driver's License as required to travel between two sites - Spire South Bank Hospital and Droitwich satellite clinic.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 'Golden Hello' joining bonus
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Lukala Weber at or 07516 506185
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications