Registered Nurse RGN
About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Registered Nurse is one of the key and fundamental roles within our communities. As Registered Nurse you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
Day to day activities of a registered nurse in our team - RGN
- Assess residents health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals health and wellbeing needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Develop your knowledge and skills as an RGN and those of others
- Promote best practice as a Registered Nurse
- Assist in maintaining and developing robust and compliant services
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Promote peoples equality, diversity and rights
- Work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Apply clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied scenarios
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- The Registered Nurse will be a natural team player with the ability to lead when needed
- hold an up to date NMC Registration and fully maintained PREP.
- Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge
- Possess training requirements for RGN role - Including infection control and health and safety competencies
- Demonstrate principles of accountable practice as a RGN
- Passion for working with and supporting the needs of Senior Adults
- Effective interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrate an up to date knowledge and training on topics such as infection control and Health and Safety
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You'll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company's mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: "to champion quality of life for all seniors".