Recreation Manager (PV2097)
Recreation Manager - Creekstone
Pro Vita is looking for Recreation Manager with a passion for the elderly to join our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in North Vancouver at Trellis Creekstone. This role focuses on quality of life for Residents and on creating joy in life through connections, engagement and feeling valued.
As a member of the Leadership Team, supervising the Recreation Assistants and coordinating the Volunteer program, the Recreation Manager provides support in delivering recreation programs within the Recreation budget.
Company Name: Pro Vita Care Management
Job Title: Recreation Manager (NOC 5254)
Location of Work: 1526 Oxford St, North Vancouver, BC V7J 1E5
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Temporary - coverage for Mat. Leave expected duration 12 months, may be extended to 18 months
Start Date: Preferably June 22, up to July 3
Shift(s): Monday to Friday, 8am- 4pm, 37.5 hours/week, with some flexibility on evening and weekends Wage*: Salaried, TBD, with full benefits - extended health & dental
Recreation Manager Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized institution with a Therapeutic Recreation Diploma.
- Maintains Valid Occupational First Aide Level 1 Certificate including CPR “A”.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1.
- Maintains Serving It Right certificate.
- Class 5 driver's license or willingness to obtain.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Recreation Manager Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with seniors is preferred.
Recreation Manager Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements and carries out a recreation program involving activities such as arts and crafts, exercise, music, woodworking, gardening, outings, to ensure the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs of residents, incorporating the Family-Centered Care (PFCC).
- Consults with Family /Resident Council(s) and the Multidisciplinary team in order to determine activities which the residents’ needs.
- Sets up calendar of events/ activities and teaches the techniques of related activities/ programs. Contacts external agencies for program resources such as entertainment, specialized arts and craft skills and items for decorating for special events.
- Promotes and publicizes upcoming events by performing such activities as publishing a monthly newsletter, putting ads in local papers, posters and talking with residents, families and volunteers.
- Ensures Recreation assessment, inclusive of a social history of the resident is completed within 30 days of admission. Monitors and evaluates resident’s progress during activity programs and reports observations such as emotional well-being and social behaviour to the multidisciplinary team.
- Oversees inventory of equipment, tool and materials and purchases same. Reports damaged or faulty equipment and arranges repair according to established policies and procedures.
- Supervises Recreation Aides by performing such duties such as coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Maintains contact with community groups (including churches and other spiritual organizations) and volunteer organizations regarding activities that can be held jointly or that the residents can attend in the community.
- Ensures adherence, compliance and education of Infection Control Practices.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.