Recreation Manager (PV1945)
Recreation Manager - Haven Hill
Pro Vita is looking for Recreation Manager with a passion for the elderly to join our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Penticton.
We are offering re-location for the successful candidate!
Company Name: Pro Vita Care Management
Job Title: Recreation Manager (NOC 5254)
Location of Work: 415 Haven Hill Rd, Penticton, V2A 4E9
Term of Employment: Full-Time
Shift(s): Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm, 37.5 hours/week
Wage*: $69,000 /annually
Recreation Manager Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized institution with a Therapeutic Recreation Diploma.
- Maintains Valid Occupational First Aide Level 1 Certificate including CPR “A”.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1.
- Maintains Serving It Right certificate.
- Class 5 driver's license or willingness to obtain.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Recreation Manager Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with seniors is preferred.
Recreation Manager Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements and carries out a recreation program involving activities such as arts and crafts, exercise, music, woodworking, gardening, outings. Consults with Family /Resident Council(s) and the Multidisciplinary team in order to determine activities which the residents’ needs. Sets up calendar of events/ activities and teaches the techniques of related activities/ programs. Contacts external agencies for program resources such as entertainment, specialized arts and craft skills and items for decorating for special events.
- Promotes and publicizes upcoming events by performing such activities as publishing a monthly newsletter, putting ads in local papers, posters and talking with residents, families and volunteers.
- Ensures Recreation assessment, inclusive of a social history of the resident is completed within 30 days of admission. Monitors and evaluates resident’s progress during activity programs and reports observations such as emotional well-being and social behaviour to the multidisciplinary team.
- Oversees inventory of equipment, tool and materials and purchases same. Reports damaged or faulty equipment and arranges repair according to established policies and procedures.
- Supervises Recreation Aides by performing such duties such as coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Maintains contact with community groups (including churches and other spiritual organizations) and volunteer organizations regarding activities that can be held jointly or that the residents can attend in the community.
- Ensures adherence, compliance and education of Infection Control Practices.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.