Recreation Manager (PV1854)
Recreation Manager - Creekstone
Pro Vita is looking for Recreation Manager with a passion for the elderly to join our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in North Vancouver.
Company Name: Pro Vita Care Management
Job Title: Recreation Manager (NOC 5254)
Location of Work: North Vancouver
Term of Employment: Full-Time
Shift(s): Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm, 37.5 hours/week
Recreation Manager Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized institution with a Therapeutic Recreation Diploma OR Recreational/Activity Certification & combination of experience/training.
- Maintains Valid Occupational First Aide Level 1 Certificate including CPR “A”.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1.
- Maintains Serving It Right certificate.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Recreation Manager Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with seniors is preferred.
Recreation Manager Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements and carries out a recreation program involving activities such as arts and crafts, exercise, music, woodworking, gardening, outings. Consults with Family /Resident Council(s) and the Multidisciplinary team in order to determine activities which the residents’ needs. Sets up calendar of events/ activities and teaches the techniques of related activities/ programs. Contacts external agencies for program resources such as entertainment, specialized arts and craft skills and items for decorating for special events.
- Promotes and publicizes upcoming events by performing such activities as publishing a monthly newsletter, putting ads in local papers, posters and talking with residents, families and volunteers.
- Ensures Recreation assessment, inclusive of a social history of the resident is completed within 30 days of admission. Monitors and evaluates resident’s progress during activity programs and reports observations such as emotional well-being and social behaviour to the multidisciplinary team.
- Oversees inventory of equipment, tool and materials and purchases same. Reports damaged or faulty equipment and arranges repair according to established policies and procedures.
- Supervises Recreation Aides by performing such duties such as coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Maintains contact with community groups (including churches and other spiritual organizations) and volunteer organizations regarding activities that can be held jointly or that the residents can attend in the community.
- Ensures adherence, compliance and education of Infection Control Practices.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Single site orders vary by Health Authority. Some health authorities allow staff who are single sited to work at a secondary facility as a casual with a geographic cluster, call us today for more information!