We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse to join the assembling team for our New Day Case Unit- Glendon Wood
The new development, a combined investment of £14.5 million, will provide much needed outpatient (including physiotherapy), diagnostics and theatre capacity to support the current waiting times for secondary care as well as meet the future demands of an ageing and growing local population, reaching over 250K people in Kettering, Corby and Wellingborough. The day case facility will provide 2 x laminar flow theatres, endoscopy suite, an ambulatory service, static CT, MRI, X-Ray & Ultrasound, 6 Consulting Rooms, and 1 Treatment Room. Our new facility will be launched at a time when Kettering General Hospital propose to commence their own redevelopment of their existing site, and therefore we can provide capacity and support to the local healthcare system whilst this is taking place.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated senior orthopaedic scrub practitioner to join our friendly, dynamic, hard-working team.
This is a great opportunity to get on board as we develop both orthopaedic and spinal service. It's not just the service we are developing in the last few years, we have sent our team to the London Hip and Knee meeting, AfPP conference, ZimmerBiomet Symposiums, surgical first assistant course and more. You will be supported by a proactive and forward-thinking Leadership team and have access to a dedicated theatre education and development lead.
If you have a passion for delivering the best possible care to our Self Pay, Insured and NHS patients then we would like to hear from you.
What you'll bring with you:
* Current NMC/HCPC registration
* Surgical First Assist Qualification (SFA) - Desirable but not essential
* Experience in orthopaedics, hip arthroplasty, knee arthroplasty and anterior cruciate ligaments reconstruction
* Current medical and/or surgical experience within a hospital environment
* Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards in a surgical environment
* The ability to work in other Clinical departments as required
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral
* Excellent customer care skill
* A good standard of computer literacy
* The ability to work within a team
* The ability to time-manage
* Flexible during periods of low activity and work extra hours where required
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Ramsay Academy - genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards