Mental Health/Addictions Nurse Practitioner
Exciting opportunities have arisen for motivated, enthusiastic registered Mental Health Nurses with interest in Addictions, to join our Integrated Mental health and Addictions Team within Prison Healthcare in NHS Forth Valley.
NHS Forth Valley has responsibility for healthcare provision within 3 national prisons:
• HMP & YOI Cornton Vale - Female Offenders
• HMP Glenochil - Adult Male Offenders
• HMP & YOI Polmont - Young Male and Female Offenders (16 - 21 years) and adult female offenders.
Each prison has a Health Centre which is staffed by the Healthcare Team comprising of a Mental Health/Addictions Team and a Primary Care Team.
The successful candidate will initially be based in an identified establishment however subject to service exigencies could be moved to any one of the 3 Forth Valley NHS prisons.
The purpose of the MH Nurse is to;
• To deliver modern Mental Health/Addiction Services, in partnership with Primary Care, as part of an extensive multi disciplinary team within the unique setting of a prison environment.
• To promote mental wellbeing and provide support, education and deliver a range of interventions to prisoner with mental health problems
You will be expected to work a flexible shift pattern.
Informal enquires to Claire McBeath, Clinical Manager on Tel or Fiona Donnelly, Clinical Manager Tel.
The duties of this post require the successful candidate to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme. More information on this scheme can be found at
Application forms and job descriptions are available on the NHS Forth Valley Intranet site or by visiting . Alternatively by quoting relevant post title and reference number and e-mailing or by telephoning the recruitment answer line on.
NHS Forth Valley is positive about disabled people and is committed to offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Please contact the Recruitment Office onif there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you with your application and/or interview.
Please note, if we have not contacted you within 6 weeks of the post closing, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 13th August 2019 at 12 noon