LPN Supervisor (PV1870)
LPN Care Supervisor - Inglewood Care Centre
Pro Vita is looking for Permanent Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Care Supervisor with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in West Vancouver.
This position's salary is $65,000-$68,000, dependent on experience. Also receives 4 weeks' vacation & 10 sick days, as we believe in employees' well-being!
LPN Care Supervisor Must Haves:
- Current nursing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNM)
- CPR (Level C)
- Occupational First Aid (Level 1)
- Three to five years of recent related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required (monitoring of evening and night shift and weekends).
- Proficiency with Health Informatics systems such as Minimum Data Set (MDS), Gold Care or Point Click Care, eMar.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
LPN Care Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Through hands on assistance, monitor clinical skill levels of care staff, develop corrective plans to address issues and implement changes to ensure care standards are adhered to with the manager.
- In response to direct care experiences make appropriate suggestions for adjustments to work schedules or assignments to Care Manager.
- Makes recommendations to Senior Leadership within Facility and Pro Vita related to staffing levels based on resident needs.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of residential care within the scope of the contract.
- Ensure compliance with all government, employment and industry laws, regulations and requirements by staying informed of changes and their impact on the organization and its goals.
- If/as required, provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications and medical treatments using skills of empathy and therapeutic communication.
- Renders First Aide/CPR where necessary and completes all required documentation and follow up.
- Ensure all Clinical and Human Resource audits are completed as required and posted on SharePoint with Care Manager.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education to Care Staff as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!