Lead Nurse Specialist
Care To Join Us.
We are looking for an expert clinical practitioner providing comprehensive advice and support within a specialism, operating across all parts of NHS Lanarkshire and leading a team of Nurse Specialists.
The post holder will ensure a person centered approach to care delivery which is safe and effective to ensure and maintain quality strategy.
To lead the development and implementation of a programme of clinical audit and research activity.
Knowledge, training and/or experience required to do the job:
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC Registration
- Educated to/working towards/operating at Masters Level
- Post graduate expertise within speciality / area of practice that demonstrates the required breadth of knowledge required to lead safety, effectively and efficiently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical guidelines and standards within the speciality.
- Advanced Specialist knowledge and experience of relevant conditions, pathology, policies and procedures associated with the speciality/area of practice ensuring that the level of expertise can be utilised to deliver leadership within speciality.
- Evidence of application of advanced practice skills in speciality and applying clinical judgement.
- Evidence of further developed knowledge and experience in management and/or leadership.
- Further education/evidence of Continuous Professional Development in area of speciality including study days/courses/post graduate qualification
- The post holder will possess excellent team-working/leadership skills and have the ability to motivate and influence others and work using own initiative
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills and effective time management skills
- Working knowledge of basic information technology
Should you wish to discuss the post in more detail, please contact, Janice Miles on.
If you have any queries regarding the application form or recruitment process, please contact Heather MacLeod on.
Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the advert once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.
Whilst this advertisement may be for a specific post(s) in a particular location, applicants who are shortlisted for interview may be considered for similar vacancies in alternative locations.
Applications from candidates who require a Tier 2 Certificate of sponsorship (formerly Work Permits) will only be considered if no suitable UK or EEA national is identified for this post. For further information on the UK Border Agency's new points based System which now governs the way individuals from outside the EEA can work in the UK please visit .