Head of Critical Care Department
Head of Critical Care Department | Circa £50,000 dependent on experience | Tollerton, South Nottinghamshire | Full Time with flexibility
Spire Nottingham Hospital continues to grow and we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Critical Care Nurse to lead our dedicated team in our new, purpose built CCU. Our very modern unit allows us to offer complex care to private patients as well as continuing to support the NHS with critical care patients.
Spire Nottingham Hospital is the only CQC Outstanding rated private hospital in Nottinghamshire and we are committed to delivering excellent individual care from the first time a patient contacts us until after their treatment is complete. Our state of the art, purpose built hospital located in Tollerton, has 42 private ensuite rooms, 4 theatres including a hybrid theatre, a minor ops suite in Outpatients, 11 day case beds, endoscopy suite, on-site MRI, CT, X-ray, ultrasound and mammography, physiotherapy, pharmacy and 300 free car parking spaces.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will be leading and managing a dedicated team of critical care nurses working on our state of the art 5 bedded CCU. We currently care for patients undergoing surgery for Complex Spinal, Vascular, complex interventional cardiology and are in the process of launching our new open cardiac surgery. We also have plans to expand to further complex surgeries such as gynae/bowel in the future, and as the lead nurse you will be a pivotal part of this expansion.
In this role you will:
- Report directly to the Director of Clinical Services
- Work a core hour Monday-Friday week, with the expectation that you will work during the out of hours period including weekends and Bank Holiday to support the needs of the service.
- With assistance from your Deputy, you will lead a team of highly specialist nurses to provide outstanding personalised care in line with our mission and values
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Nationally recognised post registration critical care course
- Previous experience line managing a team of critical care nurses
- ALS training is desirable
- Post graduate leadership qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Current or very recent critical care experience
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance, including pre-existing conditions
- Life assurance
- Free onsite parking
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Hannah Radford on 07725208712 or
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications