Director of Care
Similar jobs like this one
Featured Nursing Times Careers Live - Leeds - 1st July
Director of Care
Director of Care
Working across our homes in Wandsworth and Hampstead
Opportunities like this do not come along often.
We are looking for a Director of Care with exceptional clinical leadership, integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills. We are enormously proud of our homes, with our South London home being rated as Outstanding and our new home in North London as Good by CQC (Care Quality Commission) in the past year.
This senior role is pivotal in driving our incredible Charity to deliver outstanding Care services whilst building an inclusive culture in line with our organisational values while maintaining and supporting the existing committed team.
With a “hands-on” operational approach, you will lead the holistic nursing care, support, and engagement services we offer to almost 250 older Jewish people, over our two homes, with diverse care needs, ranging from supporting independence to total nursing and palliative care.
As part of this role, you will set the strategic direction for delivering a robust quality assurance framework and clinical provision, ensuring your team is aligned and flexible to support these goals through professional and clinical leadership as required. In addition, you will also oversee the delivery of compliance with regulatory administration (CQC), the effective monitoring of safeguarding, complaints, and the ongoing development of work with external agencies and universities on innovative research and care home education.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will play an active role in shaping our future strategies for Care, ensuring that we maintain our position as a leading provider of care and support whilst helping us to achieve our ambitious growth plans in line with our charitable objectives.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- A registered clinician with an active PIN and a Degree/Diploma in Nursing or equivalent.
- Evidence of further professional development in relation to care, management, or quality.
- Senior management experience in health and social care, including experience in elderly and palliative care.
- In-depth knowledge of quality, clinical governance, and health and social care best practices.
- Established and credible clinical leader able to effectively lead, influence, develop and inspire and motivate others.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements (CQC), (Charities Commission) experience of working with health and social care regulators and funders.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
£85,000 to £90,000, depending on experience
Interested applicants are warmly invited to contact Cathy Buckingham, Assistant to the Senior Leadership Team 020 8772 2350 or email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion with CEO about the role.
Closing date for applications - Monday 10th April 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an informal tour of the homes and meet the Senior Leadership Team.
We champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and residents we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
No agencies, please.