Deputy Ward Manager / Charge Nurse
Deputy Ward Manager/Charge Nurse
Burgess Hill Hospital
Are you ready to expand your influence to improve patient care, to take on a leadership role to help the team become the best that it can be? We are looking for energetic and innovative nurses ready to grow into their next role to support our services in becoming centres of excellence providing the most effective care to our patients.
We are seeking to be a responsive and innovative hospital that places care at the heart of everything we do. We take great pride in our staff and believe that investing in you is key to us achieving our vision of outstanding care delivered by outstanding people.
We will support and help you to grow and become the best you can be and you will help us to grow to be a leading light in mental healthcare through innovation and high expectation.
To underline this commitment to you there is a £5000 welcome bonus and further incentives for introducing your colleagues and friends.
We also offer
- £41,475 - £44,646 per year
- NMC Payment in full
- 33 days holiday and your birthday off
- Free on-site parking and meals
- Sponsorship of professional development and higher learning
- £250 Contribution towards annual CPD
- Support with your Revalidation
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Relocation expenses
- Range of additional benefits including gym membership, IT technology and private healthcare.
What you will be doing
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill, Hassocks BN6 9LE, is located 10 minutes (train/car) from Brighton and is on the main Brighton to London (Victoria/London Bridge/Kings Cross) rail line. It is situated in a semi-rural location on the fringe of Burgess Hill in Sussex.
We currently provide the following services
- Female Low Secure
- Male PICU
- Male Acute
You will be working closely with the Ward Manager and the MDT to ensure that clinical care and operational effectiveness are aligned securing good treatment outcomes and regulatory compliance.
Providing the seamless connection between management and clinical delivery is a powerful and rewarding experience and will provide a good stepping stone towards future promotion to either Ward Management or Clinical Leadership.
There will be the potential to influence the commissioning and development of future services from a Nursing perspective at Burgess Hill as we expand the range of services delivered at the hospital.
What you will bring
- Registered Nurse with current registration (RMN / RNLD)
- Capacity for leadership
- Knowledge of MHA (1983/2007).
- Knowledge of Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Child and Adult safe guarding procedures
- Change management, organising and prioritising workloads
- Demonstrate ability to enhance care through evidence based knowledge.
- Demonstrate professional development relevant to the care group
- Demonstrates ability to assess and manage clinical risk
For an informal discussion please contact Reuben Evans, Hospital Director.