Deputy Director of Clinical Services
Deputy Director of Clinical Services | Blackpool | Full Time| Permanent
Spire Fylde Coast Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Director of Clinical Services to join our experienced and dynamic teams, working within a fantastic patient centred focused environment.
Spire Fylde Coast Hospital is based in the seaside town of Blackpool. We have 3 operating theatres undertaking a wide range of procedures in Orthopaedics, ENT, Spines, Ophthalmic, Urology, Vascular, Gynaecology, Endoscopy, Plastics and General Surgery.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Provide effective management and strong leadership across Clinical areas
- Facilitate safe staffing across all areas, with particular focus on Inpatient areas.
- Assess and ensure the delivery of safe and effective clinical care
- Coordinate hospital activity relating to clinical risk management between clinical areas of responsibility within the hospital
- Determine the effective and efficient use of physical and financial resources
- Undertake Human resource activities for all members of the team
- Develop own knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop
- Develops a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security
- Support DoCS and the Clinical Governance Lead on various aspects of clinical governance, including incident reporting, clinical quality and service improvement through the use of information, research, communication and patient/carer involvement
- Participate in the on call rota
- Deputise in DoCS absence
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI
- Support and enable equality, diversity and rights
Who we're looking for:
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex Clinical teams
- Positive working relationship with regulators.
- Managing adverse events/incidents.
- Meeting financial and key performance indicators
- Registered Healthcare Professional - NMC or HCPC Registered
- Evidence of substantial post registration, continued professional development in clinically related and relevant subjects
- Competence across a range of clinical, management and leadership skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration and further education and development
- Appropriate clinical education to degree or masters level essential
- Senior clinical management experience desirable.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications