Clinical Nurse Assessor
Clinical Assessor - Disability Assessor
Location: Canning Town
Salary: GBP41,000 per annum - GBP21.03 per hour
Permanent contract - full and part time available
Monday - Friday - 37.5 hour week
Are you a driven, highly motivated clinical professional who is looking for their next challenge?
Are you looking for a better work-life balance working office hours?
Do you want to utilise your clinical knowledge to become a government assessor?
Are you looking to broaden your medical experience?
We have an excellent opportunity for Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Paramedics who want to expand their career and qualify as a Disability Analyst. You will be rewarded with a fantastic benefit package, with no weekend work required. This is a permanent position working for a private organisation that specialises in disability analysis on behalf of the DWP.
You will receive comprehensive training as part of an induction and receive ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals.
The ideal candidate will have an agile mind for learning and developing, as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
- Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition and/or disabilities
- Once accredited, following training you will work in the community conducting home visits as well as in the local assessment centres
- Ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
- Produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual's entitlement to the benefit
We are advertising health and disability assessment jobs for the below specialities:
- NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
- HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires at least two years 'post qualification work experience to be able to start in the role.
Roles outside of London require a driving licence home visits are a requirement in all roles
- 21 days leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (Validium)
- Buy Additional Leave Scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Recruit a friend bonus scheme - up to GBP1,000
- CPD funding for clinical staff - GBP400 per FTE
- Access to IPRS Group physio (Canning Town, Norwich or Fore Street)
- Annual leave increases with completed service
- Childcare vouchers
- Contribution towards eye test and glasses
- Workplace DSE Assessments (if required)
- Moving day
- Above & Beyond Awards
- Winter Flu Vaccinations
- Birthday Leave dependant on performance
- Potential progression and development for clinical staff e.g. Trainers and Clinical Support
The recruitment process
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We have a branch based in Liverpool that specialise in disability recruitment. The team of Senior Consultants in Liverpool have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role and would like to start an application then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email Samantha Hughes - 0787 686 5570| s
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.