Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Suttons Manor is a specialist low secure forensic service for men who are over the age of 50.
Care is provided over two wards, both of which are 13 bedded male units and offer an age appropriate environment for those who also have a mental health/personality disorder and/or dementia, in need of physical health care needs.
The hospital is set in its own attractive grounds of over 9 acres near the town of Romford in Essex. Convenient access is provided by the M25, and the nearby underground station at Theydon Bois, which is on the Central Line, or the railway station at Romford.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Charge Nurse to work within our established nursing team on one of our 13 bedded male low secure forensic wards. The post holder must be an experienced RMN with at least 2 years post registration.
The successful applicant will be patient centred and have the clinical ability to provide a high quality evidence based service, and the management skills to support the Ward Manager and the multi-disciplinary team.
You will need to be a confident and effective leader who is motivated, dynamic and have a good working knowledge in mental health.
The Charge Nurse role involves:
• To take an active role in management of the ward under the supervision of the Ward Manager, and to take charge in her absence. Participate fully with the clinical team and undertake direct patient care.
• Contribute to the development of others within the team through supervision, mentoring (including student nurses) and positive role modelling.
• Support the Ward Manager in resource management for the ward.
• Promote and maintain a professional working environment, ensuring a high standard of care at all times, assisting with evaluation through clinical governance and audit.
• Ensure effective communication between medical and nursing staff both verbal and written.
• Ensure all CPA and risk assessment and HONOS is an integral part of the patients care and that it is monitored and updated on a regular basis.
• In liaison with the Ward Manager, identify training needs for staff.
• Delegated responsibility for the care, security and maintenance of equipment, drugs and other consumables on the ward/department.
• Shared responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of patient records, data and information.
• Contribute to pre-admission assessment of referred patients.
• Support the Ward Manager in maintaining health, safety, and security
• Supporting the nursing team and contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress.
• Adhere at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct respecting rights of others and promoting ethical practice.
• To adhere to the CQC standards, CQIUN's, QNFMHS, MHA, MCA
To be successful as a Charge Nurse, you will need:
• An RMN qualification
• Experience in a supervisory role
• The ability to assess and teach junior staff
£31k per year