Charge Nurse - Adult Acute Unit
Charge Nurse ( RMN / RNLD ) - Mental Health Hospital
Patient Group: Adult Acute
Location: Southgate, North London
Salary: GBP30000 - 32000- negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Options of Days only (7.30am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Newly qualified or experienced RMN or RNLD, to work within fantastic Mental Health Hospital situated in Southgate, North London. The Hospital has recently received a requires improvement CQC rating following change of management and service focus at the end of last year but is hopeful to be made Good across all areas in their next inspection. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with an innovative and forward thinking multi-disciplinary team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training. They have an extremely high staff to patient ratio
Service Details: This Hospital has an inpatient rehabilitation and recover service for children aged 12 - 18 with mental health needs, personality disorders or mild learning disabilities and who may have a history of either forensic or challenging behaviours, self-harm, substance misuse problems or trauma. There is an ofsted registered school on site. The Hospital has 2 wards one with 13 beds and one with 9 beds and one additional 9 bed adult acute unit
They are part of a reputable, market-leading healthcare company with excellent standards for providing effective, individualised care for all their service users. The service has an excellent reputation for care quality and succeeds in offering an attentive, friendly and homely environment. Staff morale is very high.
There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training.
Shifts : The Service can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern is 7.30am - 8pm (days) and 7.30pm - 8am (nights) and you will receive 2 hour break. Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
Location : The Service is very easily accessed by car, tube or bus - there is free parking on site for staff. The Hospital is set in beautiful grounds over looking parklands in a striking grade 1 listed building. The site is set back in the quiet area of Southgate.
- Competitive Salary
- Enhancements for over time
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- Free meals on shift
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
For more information or to apply for the role please call Amy Parker on or email a copy of your CV to
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.