Advanced Surgical Care Practitioner
Surgical Care Practitioner | Orthopaedic | Band 7 | Southend on Sea | Full Time
Spire Wellesley Hospital Based in Southend are expanding and as a result, we have an exciting new opportunity for an Advanced Surgical Care Practitioner. You will be an advanced level independent practitioner and work autonomously, using expert advanced clinical skills, to diagnose, treat and discharge patients under the care of Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Spire Wellesley Hospitals has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have had a recent Theatre refurbishment to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing cutting edge technology to our hospital.
Duties and responsibilities
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of professional activity.
- To complete full patient assessments and clerking of new admissions including prescribing medication and completing accurate documentation
- To assess patients against anticipated clinical progression, recognising variation and commencing additional treatment and care as required
- To provide expert clinical advice ensuring patients receive the most appropriate care based on their clinical need
Who we're looking for
- Registered healthcare professional on appropriate part of NMC/HCPC register
- Substantial broad experience relevant to area of practice
- Completed accredited MSc in Surgical Care Practice or equivalent Level 7 education with demonstrable core and area specific clinical competence
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high standards of written and oral communication
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of /ability to lead and implement change
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free onsite parking
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Carly Dack on 07850 725333 or e-mail
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.