Senior Medical Receptionist / Administrator - Bedford
SpaMedica is one of the UK's leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Medical Administrator/Receptionist to join our team based in Bedford to provide and project a positive, friendly image to our patients and use your strong Team Leader/Management skills to ensure a smooth running of the clinic and act as a role model for your team.
You will be part of a team that represents the company in a first class way and will make sure all visitors and callers are greeted in a friendly and professional manner.
So what can we offer you?
- GBP20,808 per annum salary
- Up to 5% annual personal performance related bonus
- Annual company performance related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases
- 37.5 hours working week over 4 days (7.30am - 18.00hrs, including 2 in 4 Saturdays when required)
- 20 days holiday (28 days including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Continuous training and development
Our team work between sites so a willingness to travel is essential
Why join SpaMedica?
- We are privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to SpaMedica each year.
- We are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision - our outcomes are some of the best in the UK
- In 2018 we became the largest provider of NHS cataract surgery - 24.000+ surgeries per annum.
- We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in.
- We're proud to have been awarded gold status from Investors in People (IIP), putting SpaMedica in the top 3% for world-class performance achieved through its staff focus.
- We have 13 hospitals and will be opening 7 new hospitals over the next 12 months.
- We need somebody to effectively manage a team. Duties will include producing a fair and consistent monthly rota, approving annual leave in line with the business activity, ensuring adequate cover and produce weekly plans for the week's preparation
- You will be confident with absence reporting and completing return to work interviews
- You will conduct 3 months and 6 monthly probation reviews highlighting additional training requirements and will be involved in the appraisal process, preparation and delivery
- You will be trust worthy with the management of confidential information and will participate in the recruitment of new team members into the department
- You will ensure the management of medical records both active and archived is in line with the Records Management Code of Practice for Health and Social Care 2016 and will ensure all patient specific directories are accurate and available on the day of clinic
- You will promote our in-house patient feedback programme and NHS Choices and have the ability to objectively feedback on the performance of individual team members
- You will effectively manage patient feedback, be professional and demonstrate empathy with patient complaints
Full training will be provided in return of your excellent administration & team leader skills
SpaMedica is expanding rapidly, apply now to join this success story