Non-Medical Prescriber - Substance Misuse Service - Birmingham
2 days left
- Job Type
I am currently recruiting for an experienced RGN to join a fully integrated drug & alcohol service in Birmingham as Non-Medical Prescriber. My client who is a national charity providing abstinence-based recovery is currently looking for an experienced Level 1 Registered Nurse who has a current NMC Pin and is a qualified non-medical prescriber. In your role you will engage with those with substance misuse problems, providing them with advice, screening and clinical interventions to address these issues.
The benefits of this RGN - NMP role include:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive training and induction programme
- Half day CPD time per week to support continued professional development
- Regular support and supervision during their probationary period and monthly supervision thereafter
Your days will be split across clinic time, emergency slots for prescribing and slots for carrying out assessments and initial diagnosis. As NMP you will work under the guidance of the Consultant Psychiatrist and will act as a point of contact for the wider team for prescribing issues. The ideal candidate will be experienced in prescribing in a community service and understand the treatment process within substance misuse services. Ideally, they are looking for a Nurse who has a background in substance misuse, prison services or clinic/practice nursing.
The service aims to provide person centred, recovery focused care which enhances the quality of life for the patient. As Non-Medical Prescriber (RGN), you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of both clinical and theoretical changes in your profession. The ideal candidate will play a key part of the multidisciplinary team working within your own competencies.
The successful RGN Non-Medical Prescriber will:
- Be a first level registered Nurse (RGN)
- Possess an active UK nursing PIN and the legal right to work in the UK
- Have a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services
- Have knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
- Possess knowledge of the issues facing alcohol misusers including appropriate medical interventions
Apply for Non-Medical Prescriber - Substance Misuse Service - Birmingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly