Located in Newport, the neuro-rehabilitation service at the Priory Mount Eveswell specialises in the assessment, rehabilitation and care of service users who have complex care needs and an acquired brain injury or neurological illness, including progressive neurological diseases. Mount Eveswell is a rehabilitation unit for brain injury patients. We also look after patients who got complex nursing needs like tracheostomy, CPAP etc.
Our intensive rehabilitation site caters for 16 service users aged 18 years and over by delivering clinically effective, evidenced based services for people with complex physical, cognitive, and/or behavioural and emotional impairment following acquired brain injury.
We also offer a low intensity rehabilitation service allowing service users the opportunity to continue to achieve their rehabilitation potential within a community based setting, which maximises opportunities to enhance quality of life.
We are looking for a hard-working Registered Nurse who is willing to learn and happy to work with a MDT team.
- The candidate must be a Qualified Registered Nurse with NMC pin.
- Experience is not essential.
- To provide high standard of nursing care to service users based on the assessment of care needs and in the consultation with the service users, their relatives and care team.
- To continuously evaluate the quality of care given, and regularly re assess the needs of service users.
- To administer and order medicines.
- Liaise with the GP and other health professional involved in the service users care.
- Care planning and implementation and reviewing of care plans.
- To continuously review their own nursing practise to develop new skills and knowledge throughout continuous professional development training that contributes to the enhancement of patient care skills.
- Opportunities for Career development
- 33 days Annual leave
- One extra annual leave on birthdays.
- NMC payment in full
- £250 contribution towards CPD
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.