Staff Nurse - Endoscopy - Nottingham
Position - Staff Nurse - Endoscopy - Nottingham
Ref - DBRGNENDO
Location - Nottingham
Salary - Circa £23k - £29300 - 37.5 hours
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to become a part of the Endoscopy Team in the Nottingham area.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who has the ability to work well within a team environment, have an eagerness to develop new skills and expertise within endoscopy nursing, and who is determined to deliver the highest standards of patient care.
Ours clients have 4 Endoscopy rooms undertaking diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy. State of the art decontamination facilities support the unit to work efficiently and consistently meeting standards.
Staff Nurse Clinical Job Duties
* Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care ensuring that these are evaluated and amended as appropriate.
* Document the condition and progress of patients and report to senior nursing and/ or medical staff any areas of concern.
* Undertake nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines.
* Demonstrate clinical procedures to registered and unregistered staff and agency staff as required.
* Take charge of the clinical area on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility or his/ her deputy.
* Maintain an awareness of the developments in the care and treatment of patients in order to be able to carry out duties competently and efficiently.
* Ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe keeping of patients' property in accordance with the Patients' Property Procedure.
* Comply with the Drug Custody and Administration Code of Practice.
* Report all accidents and untoward incidents to the Line Manager and complete an incident form in accordance with Treatment Centre policy.
* Registered Nurse
* Relevant post-registration study e.g. specialist pathway
* Demonstrable record of Continuing Professional Development
* Skills/ Abilities & Knowledge
* At least 6 months post registration experience
Good communication skills
* Ability to supervise unqualified staff
* Ability to co-ordinate a shift for the department
* Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical governance issues
* Relate well to all staff and patients
* Positive attitude to change and a willingness to be instrumental in change.
* 27 days annual leave and additional service related days
* Free off-site parking
* Pension contribution and life assurance schemes
* Private medical insurance
* Child care vouchers
* Bike to work schemes and interest free travel loans
* Subsidised meals with free tea, coffee and fruit
* Mentorship, preceptorships and professional training courses
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information and full job description please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Staff Nurse - Endoscopy - Nottingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly