Senior Specialist Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Hendon Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Senior Specialist Nurse to join their team of staff within the Brent Community Ophthalmology Service.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week.
This position is working across 3 sites on a rota basis at Hendon Hospital, Willesden Centre for Health and Care and Sudbury Primary Care Centre.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered experienced nurse
- Ophthalmic training and experience
- Management or Team Leader experience
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good financial awareness and control
- A positive approach to the process of change is required.
- Professional /clinical knowledge acquired through training and development and evidence of continued professional development
- Demonstrates high quality patient focused care.
- Demonstrates coaching skills to develop junior staff.
- To have a working knowledge of CQC. To have an understanding of the standards required and the powers afforded to them.
- Creative, innovative and versatile; able to see the broader picture
Duties of this role include:
- The post holder will be responsible for leadership of the Ophthalmology Clinical Team and act as clinical service co-ordinator.
- The post holder will work within the service working as an independent Practitioner with their own patient profile in consultant led clinics, carrying out daily clinical responsibilities.
- The post holder will act as a link between the Consultant Lead, Practice Manager and CCG to ensure relevant clinical updates are shared and communicated within this group.
- Professionally lead the development of outpatient community based ophthalmology service.
- Assess, manage, investigate and discharge designated patients, independently using appropriate diagnostic equipment and manage patient care according to agreed protocols.
- Manage the clinical community ophthalmology team, ensuring all staff undergo annual appraisal, and work with each member of staff to contribute and to develop their PDP. Monitor and manage sickness and absence and manage performance issues
- Share responsibility with the Practice Manager to ensure the nursing and admin teams are rostered to provide clinical support and practice in clinics at multiple sites providing a consistent presence and level of expertise.
- Be responsible for a delegated budget, exercising care when adhering to current policy in the ordering and use of staff, equipment and materials.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and selection process for the clinical team
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.