Lead Nurse Manager - Orthopaedics/ Paediatrics
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill hospital in Harrow, Middlesex has a vacancy for a Lead Nurse Manager for their Orthopaedics/ Paediatrics Department.
This post is full-time, for 37.5 hours per week - this will include working some evening and weekend shifts as well as participating on an on-call rota.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered RN Child (RSCN) Nurse, orthopaedic and ENT trained or possess the relevant experience associated with paediatric elective surgery
- Post registration qualification in Children’s Health / Surgery or equivalent
- Child protection level 3
- Familiar with current legislation and guidelines relating to paediatric nursing
- General surgical experience in an acute setting
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality management tools
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies, tools and techniques, including interviewing, conducting performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes e.g. disciplinary
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Strong track record delivering against challenging targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing and planning budgets
It would be desirable for applicants to also possess experience in the independent sector and have experience of managerial responsibility for a department in an acute setting.
Duties of this role include:
- To manage the paediatric service and provide leadership and clinical expertise within the clinical area.
- To work with the senior management team and consultants to develop the paediatric orthopaedic and spinal service.
- Provide leadership and direction for the ward sisters aligned to the BMI Nursing strategy and The Clementine Churchill Nursing strategy
- Co-ordinate and maintain the delivery of safe clinical quality and care standards in BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital aligned to The Clementine Churchill Hospital Clinical Governance program
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks within departments.
- Collaborate with the lead managers and sisters in each area on services supporting The Clementine Churchill business plan.
- Represent relevant ward sisters on relevant Hospital Committees.
- To deputise for the Associate Director of Nursing as required.
- To manage 3rd party service providers where appropriate.
- Liaise with consultants as required to enhance business development, clinical care and service feedback.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to senior sisters.
- Provide operational advice and support in lead role within orthopaedic surgery and paediatrics, including, over a six day rota covering 7am to 8pm approximately - in tandem with Medical/ International Clinical Lead role for the hospital.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.