We are currently recruiting for a Research Nurse to work in our Leeds Clinic - Springfield House. One position is open for 2 x 12hr night shifts per week (part-time).
The statements below reflect the general responsibilities and requirements of the identified position but may not describe all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is the responsibility of each employee to comply with all applicable regulations e.g. Good Clinical Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice, Good Laboratory Practice in the performance of their role.
Responsible for study unit activities in the conduct of clinical trials with emphasis on the safety and welfare of study participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the dignity, health, safety, and welfare of participants is given the highest priority at all times.
• Be current with appropriate emergency certifications and company emergency policy and procedures.
• Respond to emergency situations based upon nursing standards.
• Utilize skills, knowledge, nursing diagnosis, and clinical judgement in order to provide a high standard of care for participants in clinical trials.
• Registered Nurse with the NMC
• CPR certified
• Typically 2-3 years nursing experience
• Cross-trained in other areas or departments
• Additional experience may be substituted for education requirements.
• Handling of biologically hazardous or radiolabeled material is necessary.
• Must be able to see (distinguish colors) and hear.
• Must have an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
• Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, including a computer keyboard, for up to 6 hours per day.
• Must be able to stand and/or bend for up to 6 hours per day.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.