This job is no longer available
Theatre Practitioner – Bank
The Sandringham Hospital - Kings Lynn - Norfolk
Competitive hourly rates
BMI The Sandringham Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Located in the grounds of The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn, the 35 bedded private hospital works in partnership with the NHS Trust offering a full range of medical services with the benefit of extensive clinical support services.
They are now looking for dedicated Theatre Practitioners to join the Hospital on a bank 'as and when' basis to support the theatre team in providing a service that offers advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
· Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
· The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
· Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
· Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
· Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
· ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
· External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
Closing date 05/11/2012