This job is no longer available
Position - Theatre Manager
Location - Kings Lynn - Norfolk
Functional Area - Clinical - Theatre
Hours per week - 37.5
Role type - Permanent, Full-time
My client is Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Their commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
- Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- Undertake departmental HR activities
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Management qualification
- Experience of working in the Independent Sector.
- Please see below for a detailed role profile.
For more information on this position please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157, alternatively please email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org