Workforce Planning Programme Lead, Medical/Health Transport
Actively short-listing - please do not delay application as this advert may close early ***
This is a rare and exciting opportunity within my global client's UK Logistic team; the Workforce Planning Programme Lead will be responsible for establishing the workforce forecasting and scheduling of a flagship UK contract.
Harnessing my client's new workforce planning tool, you will be responsible for the development, and subsequent delivery, of an efficient, effective staff and vehicle roster able to meet the demand profile of a complex 24/7/365 operation.
As an experienced workforce planner, you will have a proven track record of delivering results within a complex operational environment. In a high-tempo operational environment, your ability to analyse and interpret information will be instinctive - as will your ability to develop robust plans and translate these into reality.
* Work with the system and long term forecasting manager generate a demand driven staff and vehicle requirements for over 200 front-line staff and 120 vehicles to ensure the operations are able to deliver against agreed service levels
* Translate required FTE into cyclical rosters that are suitable for staff recruitment and retention
* Ensure that a suitable abstraction rate is factored in to any rosters, giving due consideration for the effective management of key staff dependencies and skill sets
* Working in partnership with Operations and Dispatch ensure that forecasting reviews are regularly undertaken to maintain effective and efficient rosters.
* Harness our workforce planning tool, to generate individual staff roster schedules a minimum of one month in advance
* Ensure annual leave and training is effectively managed and monthly KPI's are achieved
* Drive forward the digitalisation of workforce planning, by using technology effectively manage dynamic shift bidding and shift swapping
* Work in close collaboration with Operations to ensure our existing workforce planning policies and procedures are fully implemented across the new contract, including the robust management of last minute staff and vehicle changes
* Work with the central data team to produce compliance reports to support visibility and oversight of individual and contract KPI performance, ensuring all WTR, GDPR and ISO standards are maintained at all times
* Minimum of 7 years' experience in working in a workforce planning/scheduling environment, ideally in a highly complex, 24/7/365, operational environment .
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to Influence stakeholders so activities are aligned and on track to deliver
* Process orientated approach to tasks, but with the ability to adapt to a more dynamic approach when required
* Highly acute attention to detail with the aability to provide and receive, convey and present complex information
* Previous experience using a workforce planning system
* Appreciation of the need for a service lead support function
This is a superb opportunity to join a well established, global company who are a leader in their sector and rapidly growing in the UK market.
Full job description will be made available to short-listed candidates