Weekend Nursing Supervisor - 12 Hour Shifts
The Weekend Nursing Supervisor provides quality nursing care to residents and supervises the day to day activities of nursing assistants in accordance with federal, state, & local laws and policies of this organization.
12 Hour Weekend Shift
- Ensure all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with written policies and procedures established by this organization.
- Assure the implementation of resident care plans.
- Conduct assessments and care plans appropriate for residents admitted to the facility.
- Communicate pertinent information and interpret facility policies to residents, staff, families, and visitors.
- Communicate effectively will all disciplines.
- Keep DON informed of information of any changes in resident condition.
- Review investigate and document properly all incidents/accidents.
- Evaluate emergency situations and take appropriate action.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and or discharge.
- Receive and record phone orders from physicians
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Ensure adequate medications, supplies, and equipment are available.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with safety and infection control policies and procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that exhibits the BHCS mission, vision, and core values.
* Graduate of accredited nursing program
* Current Massachusetts nursing license as an LPN/RN
* Previous nursing experience in a supervisory role preferred
* CPR/BLS/AED and IV certification required