Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Grafton Manor provides highly specialised neuro-behavioural rehabilitation for men and women aged 18 years and older, with an acquired brain injury, including traumatic brain injury and strokes. The rehabilitation programme at Grafton Manor is particularly aimed at helping people who have experienced cognitive, behavioural and emotional changes as a consequence of brain injury to ensure they can access all areas of rehabilitation.
The site, set in a quiet village in peaceful countryside, includes an attractive, historic and purpose-fitted cottage called The Chantry, a flat and a studio flat. We also have two community houses situated in Kingsley just outside of Northampton.
The split consists of:
Grafton Manor - 12 beds
The Chantry - 5 beds
Cottage, Flat and Studio flat - 3 beds
Community Houses in Kingsley - 6 beds
This established care pathway of 26 beds enables people with acquired brain injury to maximise their independence at any stage of their post-acute recovery journey
Staff are provided with a comprehensive induction and ongoing training package to ensure they are equipped to deliver the highest standards of neurobehavioural rehabilitation
To Provide Clinical Management and Leadership of the full nursing team on the Ward, this includes being a highly visible role model and mentor to the nursing team. The post-holder has responsibility for overseeing and maintaining the highest standards of nursing care. The role will act as a senior clinical member of the team, providing advice and support from a nursing perspective and oversee and hold responsibility for the ward environment and its resources.
• Be currently Registered with the Nursing Midwifery Council as a first level nurse, with at least 2 years' experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Appropriate registration required for the ward - Mental Health or General for ABI wards; with at least 2 years post-registration experience working on ABI wards
• Willingness to complete further clinical, managerial and leadership training and development relevant to your area of practice in management and leadership.
• Trained and current Mentor.
• Computer literate.
• Have been a registered nurse, working in clinical settings that are relevant to the post
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Experience of clinical audit and/ or service improvement based on evidence desirable
• Experience of working in an environment that requires the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Has been a supervisor of nursing staff
The post-holder is responsibility for the leadership in a Ward area, in particular that of Nursing staff, but also contributes to the effective working of the Multi-Disciplinary team; The post-holder is also a member of the hospital leadership team
Budgets & Equipment
The post-holder is responsible for the efficient and effective use of nursing resources; and all resources in the ward area that contribute to patient care. This includes Medicines management in the ward, equipment, activities material for patients use, all furnishings and fittings and the overall cleanliness and safety of the ward, bring any issues or concerns to the attention of the Director of Clinical Services promptly, and taking corrective action
Shared responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of patient records, data and information. Ensuring good quality patient documentation, which meets the Regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.
The post-holder is based in a ward, and will be required to work a mix of 60% supernumery time and 40% of their time will be engaged in clinical activity to meet the requirements of the ward. Within this will involve working some shifts as required by the service and to enable the post-holder to undertake some aspects of their role.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of be
£36k - 40k per year