HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
For medical professionals who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit, The Lister Hospital Campus is the career destination of choice.
As the Tissue Viability Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will provide clinical expertise to both inpatient and outpatient departments in any areas relating to wound care and tissue viability. You will be responsible and accountable for own practice within the clinical area and for delivering a high quality service to all stakeholders whilst identifying areas for development and implementing and evaluating change.
Your main focus will be to achieve the highest possible standard of nursing care which balances customer satisfaction with the most efficient use of resources.
You will work independently to support the patients, Consultants, nursing teams and Allied Health Professionals within their defined scope of practice and be an educational resource to both patients and their families/carers and all clinical staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be professionally accountable for own practice as evidenced by the clinical competency framework and in accordance with NMC and HCA guidelines.
- In association with patient & staff assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Ensure that patient dignity and privacy is respected at all times.
- Be vigilant about patient confidentiality; ensuring that exchange of information takes place safely in accordance with Information Governance and Caldicott principles
- In association with staff participate in the audit of clinical practice within the department and changing practice where appropriate.
- Act as patient and staff advocate through the application of ethical, legal and professional knowledge and skills.
- Be responsible for initiating, developing and promoting evidence based practice within the clinical area.
- Investigate incidents and complaints thoroughly, enabling the CEO/CNO to respond within the agreed timeframe.
- Participate in the Clinical Governance process in order to minimise risks to patients and staff
Skills & Experience
- First level registration and BSc in Nursing
- Extensive post registration experience, some of which will have been in Dermatology, Tissue Viability or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of specialty
- Ideally in possession of or working towards a MSc
- Teaching/ Presenting experience
- Experience of research and audit
About The Individual