Theatre Practitioner – Scrub and Anaesthetics
Full time 37.5 hrs
Closing date: 8th September
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
Due to expansion we have opportunities within Scrub and Anaesthetics in our theatres. As a Theatre Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care.
Here at Bupa Cromwell Hospital we cover 12 surgical specialities including complex procedures such as live organ transplants, heart surgeries and neurosurgery.
What’s a typical day?
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures
- Provide immediate post-operative care
- You will be required to provide assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures whether under local/regional/sedation/ general anaesthetic
What we are looking for
We are always eager to hear from professionals who are passionate about delivering outstanding patient care and developing their career with us.
Whilst we welcome applications from Theatre Practitioners who have extensive experience, we are also open to people who are dedicated to growing their knowledge within the field and offer training.
- Registered Nurse – Adult and/or Children
- ODA 752
- HCPC Registered Anaesthetic ODP
- Diploma or Degree in Health Care Studies
- ODP Level 3 NVQ
- Ability to deliver high standards of care.
- Knowledge of current professional nursing issues
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills
- Theatre, Anaesthetic or Recovery course (desirable)
- Previous perioperative experience (desirable)
- Evidence of other relevant study (desirable)
- Mentors course (desirable)
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
- Cycle2work scheme
- Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
- Dry cleaning discounts
- Paid career breaks
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.