Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in London and the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient specialties reflect this providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
The culture at The Portland Hospital is to provide support, an inspiring environment and positive ways of working to ensure everyone has a better day. This is accomplished through our core set of ‘Positively Portland’ values that all employees will work to:
Greetings, Respect, Teamwork, Initiative, Responsibility and Acknowledgement
As the Recovery Theatre Practitioner, you will be responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical care to patients following surgical procedures and will prepare the recovery in readiness to admit patients after surgical procedures.
You will ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Health Professions Council (HPC) and HCA’s Code of Conduct. Additionally, you will also be responsible for the total nursing care of individual patients within the recovery area and ensure recovery criteria is adhered to before discharging patients.
Salary COMPETITIVE (depending on candidate experience)
Working hours 37.5 per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- To ensure safety for patients and colleagues.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with Consultants and other health professionals and to ensure that prescribed treatment is carried out.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade and the needs of the service.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
Skills & Experience
- RGN or ODP
- Post graduate experience in theatre recovery
- ALS trained
- Experience of incubated patients
About The Individual
The successful candidate would be a confident individual with specialist knowledge in recovery. They will be motivated by sharing their knowledge within the team and learning from others to ensure all team members are able to assist across all areas and part of a learning environment. They will be assertive with a positive attitude. Finally, they will be extremely customer focused and will work with the multidisciplinary team to ensure there are extremely high standards of patient care at all times.