HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
You will work as a member of the surgical team and may conduct surgical interventions delegated by the operating surgeon (as defined in the Curriculum Framework for the Surgical Care Practitioner) and is supervised by the consultant surgeon responsible for the episode of care.
The SCP may make clinical judgments about the care of patients reflective of their agreed competences and delegation by the surgeon.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours on a rotational shift pattern (Days, Weekends and On-call)
The salary range for this role is competitive.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct surgical intervention under instruction from supervising Surgeon
- Perform surgical site marking in-line with policy
- Obtain written/verbal consent on behalf of the operating surgeon in-line with policy
- Positioning the patient for the surgical procedure according to surgeon specifications
- Complete operation records on behalf of the operating surgeon, along with outcome data collection tools.
- Assist with retraction of tissues, Suctioning, irrigating, or sponging.
- Assist with haemostasis including the use of electro-surgery and the application of haemostatic agents.
- Cutting and application of sutures, including deep sutures.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in the same or a similar role
- Demonstrable skills and an underpinning knowledge - ideally within Urology, and in particular experience with robotics (Da Vinci)
- Practitioners must have completed SFA accredited award
- Practitioners will be required to demonstrate competence defined by the Curriculum Framework for the Surgical Care Practitioner.
- Practitioner must be registered by respective governing body, e.g. NMC, HCPC.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.