Overview Title: Surgery Manager
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: Completive plus benefits
We've come a long way since the first Optical Express branch opened in 1991. From just one store, we've grown to more almost 130 stores and clinics and have become the UK's only complete eye care provider. From glasses and contact lenses to laser, lens and cataract surgery, we're here to make poor vision a thing of the past for our patients.
Over GBP400 million has been invested in our clinics utilising the most advanced technology, so it's no wonder that we're the number one choice for laser eye surgery patients in the UK. Every week, our optometrists and surgeons help to transform the vision of thousands of people across the country.
Optical Express has more 5 star Trust Pilot reviews than all the other laser eye surgery providers in the UK combined. In fact, over 99% of our patients would recommend us.
We're looking for someone to join our management leadership team for our prestigious clinics in Northampton and Norwich. It's for a Surgery Manager; who will be responsible for setting and maintaining world class surgical team standards throughout the clinic. You will have the experience and gravitas to lead and support the team comprising surgery assistants, nurses and surgeons, all the while ensuring targets for Laser Eye Surgery and Intraocular procedures are met through effective utilisation of resources.
The Role The main aspects of the role are
- Identifying and implementing systems to ensure world class surgical treatments and appropriate patient outcomes.
- To motivate the surgical team to achieve the clinical KPIs and targets for treatment volumes.
- Providing support for the team in efficient and productive use of surgery time, maximisation of surgery lists, accurate and timely reporting is key to success.
- Taking responsibility for managing the Clinical Governance and HCC systems centrally and ensuring full compliance - first time, every time.
What we need from you
It goes without saying you will be comfortable leading a diverse and senior team, preferably in a clinical setting, and you have;
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- an adaptable, flexible approach to work
- top notch Microsoft office and outlook
- meticulous attention to detail
- confidence, and integrity to operate with the upmost discretion
Whilst clinical experience or qualifications will set you apart you absolutely must have -
- A proven track record of developing a team
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- A hands-on and customer-centric approach
Benefits What's in it for you?
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and techniques
- Competitive salary and additional company benefits including product/treatment discounts
- The opportunity to work with talented colleagues to truly change people lives