Job title: Support Worker
Location: East London
Pay: £9 per hour
Hours: 5 hours per day between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00
Days: Monday to Friday
Type: Agency Temporary / Locum
Our client provides daytime opportunities for people with learning and physical disabilities as well as complex health needs in the East London area. Their services include community group work, outreach support, supported employment and project-based community group work in order to facilitate integration and inclusion for all.
About the role
In this role you will have the chance to make an impact on the service users and their family’s life. You will support adults with learning difficulties to best reach their potential and improve their quality of life. Your role will include but not limited to the following:
- To work in a flexible manner so that service users are able to choose the times and the type of service they receive in line with the personalisation agenda laid out in ‘Valuing People’
- To support service users towards re-enablement and outcomes as identified in personal plans and outlined in ‘valuing people’ and other relevant national and local authority initiatives, standards and regulations.
- To maintain safe services for all via a strict adherence to Health and Safety legislation, Safeguarding and Risk Assessment procedures and to raise any concerns that may place people at risk urgently.
- To facilitate service users in all aspects of their intimate personal care including toileting, feeding and mobility support, and use aides and equipment designed for such purposes appropriately and safely.
The ideal candidate must ensure that they are willing to provide the best service possible in order to help the client achieve their full potential in all areas of development.
Some shifts are given to us early in the morning, so you will be required to be ready and raring to go! However, we also have agency shifts in advance. if you wanted a permanent role we can help you with this too.
- At least 12 months’ previous experience in a health care setting working with adults with learning difficulties
- Minimum QCF / NVQ level 2 – Health and Social Care
- Enhanced DBS
- Manual Handling
- Health & Safety
- First Aid
- Epilepsy Awareness Training
- Safeguarding Adults and Children Level 3
- Medication Management
Disclosure and Barring Service Check: This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Simply Apply Below