Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Meet your local branch who are located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
Do you want to broaden your clinical knowledge?
Newcross Healthcare is searching for committed and reliable Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant in Portsmouth, Chichester, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the surrounding locations.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Advantages of Newcross
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Same day pay app feature called Flexi Pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
What will this role entail?
A Newcross Care Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Requirements of the position
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone/device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Same day pay with Flexi Pay!
Have you heard of Flexi Pay? We are the first healthcare provider in the UK which allows staff access to 'same day pay' via our app feature HealthForceGo. If you think you'd benefit from Flexi Pay, great news! We're hiring in your area. (Including weekends and bank holidays)
- Gain valuable insight and skills through our comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
Click 'apply' to submit an online application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Join today to further your healthcare career!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.