Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Are you a student nurse looking for a flexible job to suit your needs? Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles living in Bangor and the surrounding areas.
Flexi Pay Our app feature enables staff to have access to an advance of 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays).
Why choose Newcross?
- Flexible hours to suit your ongoing needs
- Free training programs covering a range of topics
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
Caring position As a Care Assistant, you will be tasked with ensuring that our service users receive care and support with a variety of important daily activities. These will vary throughout but will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to GBP12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills With Newcross, staff have the chance to broaden their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
Apply now and a member of our recruitment will be in touch!If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.