Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse? Looking for a role that fits around you? Then we have just the thing! Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit Student Nurses to fill the role of a Care Assistant to join our team in providing outstanding care and support to our service users across Exeter, Cullompton, Crediton, Okehampton, Sidmouth, Axminster and Lyme Regis and the surrounding areas.
Our friendly Exeter branch are located in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
The Position As a Care Assistant, you will constantly ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times.
Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
The Newcross Benefits
- Salary of up to GBP14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn GBP500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Living costs can be difficult as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Although having access to your own vehicle is desirable, it is not mandatory
Apply now to find out more! Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We now interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online, please call us on .
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.