Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a Care Assistant role to fit around your degree level studies? Newcross Healthcare are looking for Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants (HCAs) to care and support to our service users in Coventry and the surrounding local areas
The opportunity As a Care Assistant your daily tasks will consist of dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
Our ideal applicant will play an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and communicating with their families, visitors and other residents.
Our Exclusives Take advantage of our flexibility, we offer full and part time shifts and the ability to choose your own hours.
* Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Get access to our Perks at Work scheme which provides access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
* Expand your skill set with our free training programmes which you will be able to earn through credits as you work.
Our many benefits:
- Salary of up to GBP12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- Client specific inductions
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Coventry team Our Coventry branch which is based in the Cobalt Centre on Middlemarch Business Park near the Airport. We cover a wide range of areas in the West Midlands such as Solihull, Nuneaton, Rugby and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role! Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in anyway.