Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team? Our branch is located in London Street, close to the town centre and just a short distance from Reading train station
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Student Nurses to fill the role of Care Assistants to join our team in delivering care and support to our service users living in Reading and the surroundings.
Working with Newcross As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
What you will receive
- Salary of up to GBP12.93 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours across weekdays, nights and weekends to fit in with your studies
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Access to available training programmes to develop your skill set within the field
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn GBP500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
You'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply now to find out more! We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way