Student Nurse: Care Assistant
With Newcross, you can earn while you learn! Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Student Nurses to care for our service users living in Falkirk, Airth, Plean, Stirling and the surrounding areas.
Position As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support with a variety of life-enhancing tasks and daily activities. These will include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours throughout various shifts to suit your studies
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available throughout retailers nationwide
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to GBP12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Training opportunities Successful candidates will be able to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs to suit their needs. Topics covered will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
Our Falkirk team Your local branch is based in Falkirk City Centre, a short walk from Falkirk Grahamston Station, or a short drive from the only rotary canal connector in the world (Falkirk Wheel). We supply highly trained healthcare professionals to a range of establishments throughout West Lothian and Stirlingshire.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.